Versatile and yummy, this dairy-free mushroom sauce can serve as a base for a soup or can serve as a filling for spring and egg rolls. Or you can just eat it all alone with a spoon. I won’t judge!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1–1/2 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour (use one that thickens like brown rice or a blend)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add avocado oil to medium sized pot. Then add shallots and garlic. Cook for about a minute then add mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Mix gluten free flour and almond milk then add to pot. Add spices.
- Use an immersion blender in mixture until completely smooth. Continue to cook mixture for about 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.
Use organic mushrooms or any ingredients on the dirty dozen list.
- Category: Dressings + Sauces
- Cuisine: American, French, Thai