- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
All Other Ingredients
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 4 celery, minced
- 4 carrots, minced
- 1 1/4 can jackfruit, chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s onion mix
- 1/4 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 can cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup Pacific vegetable broth
- frying oil (avocado, preferred)
- 1/4 cup gf panko crumbs
- Add oil to pan and heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add carrots, celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add jackfruit and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all spices and butter. Cook all ingredients together for 10 minutes. Taste and add more spices if needed.
- Take veggies off heat and allow to cool.
- Once the brown rice is cooked add to a bowl with black beans (minus the liquid), and all other ingredients. Mash with clean hands.
- Add brown rice flour and broth. Form into patties.
- Dip patties into more flour and panko crumbs.
- Heat about 1/4″ of oil in a pan and cook each patty for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- If using oven, heat to 375 and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked thru.
- Serve with gravy.