Breakfast will never be the same after you eat this lovely chilaquiles recipe. Add a side of refried black beans and you’re good to go!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 keto tortillas (about 4.5″ diameter or standard size)
- 8 organic eggs (free range)
- 1.5 tsp himalayan pink salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp salsa ranchera
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add spices and salsa and wisk. Move to the side.
- Cut up tortillas (by hand or knife) into small pieces.
- Add oil to heated pan. Let the oil get hot then add tortillas. Lower head to medium.
- Start stiring. You’re going to be here a while. You want to get the tortillas nice and toasted. This could take anywhere from 10-15 minutes, depending on tortilla thickness. You might need to add more oil if the pieces aren’t toasting.
- Once the tortilla pieces are nice and toasted, add the egg and mix together a bit.
- Let eggs and tortillas cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Once that side is almost cooked half way through, using a spatula cut the chilaquiles into four parts and flip each one over. Turn off the burner.
- Serve and enjoy with avocado slices, cojita cheese, more salsa, and a side of beans.
Use free range eggs – trust me.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Mexican