Don’t you love it when something that’s good for you also tastes delicious?
That’s exactly how I felt when I accidentally made this flavorful side of zucchini a few weeks ago.
I had two zucchinis in the fridge just asking me to make them into something “fried”. You see. I love fried food. But my stomach doesn’t, so I always need to find some kind of compromise when it comes down to it.
How can I make this zucchini as “fried” as possible, you ask?
By combining it with all the yummies: almond flour, spices, and olive oil. That’s right. Those four ingredients combine to make a messy, but delicious gluten-free veggie dish.
The natural and complex notes from the almond flour provide a pleasantly surprising base for the spices that hug every morsel of this cubed zucchini.
Whether you choose to sautée or bake (at 425 F), this is a sure-fire combination that will be your next ‘go-to’ side.Print
Don’t keep preparing the same ol’ side for dinner. This zucchini is flavorful, healthy, and ready to be your new favorite dinner side.
- 3 whole zucchinis
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- Cut zucchinis into cubes.
- Put almond flour into bowl with spices and mix.
- Put olive oil into a separate bowl and set next to almond flour bowl.
- Grab a handful of zucchini cubes and mix into the olive oil bowl.
- Then toss them into the almond flour mix. The mix should stick to the zucchini cubes.
- Heat up a skillet on medium high and once heated, add avocado oil and wait another minute or so.
- Add zucchini cubes to skillet and let cook for about 1-2 minutes and toss repeatedly until all sides are golden brown.
- Don’t cook for longer than 10 minutes total because the zucchini will get overly soft.
*Use organic zucchini **
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American