Ever feel like your veggies, chicken, meat or any other food group needs a kick in the noggin? Do you just want to toss that bland (insert plain food item here) into the garbage at first taste? If so, you’re in dire need of this tangy Thai sauce, which will transform anything to add it to. The pineapple juice and ACV mix so well together, you’ll forget they’re on opposite ends of the flavor spectrum.
Which reminds me, when purchasing any juice, make sure it’s 100% pure juice, not from concentrate, unsweetened (no sugar added), and fresh pressed. In fact, Lakewood Juices provides a high quality product that I’d recommend in a heartbeat.
This sauce can serve as a replacement for fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce or any other bottled sauce you may use in your Asian cuisine. It’s meant to be simple enough to quickly put together, while not sacrificing your taste for delicious food.
Now, scroll down for the recipe, already! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it.Print
Tangy Thai Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 people 1x
This sauce works fantastic on any noodle dish. You can also use it as a stir-fry sauce with veggies, if you’re going for a vegan dish. Add a little spice, if you’re feeling up to some heat!
- 3 oz Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar ((Bragg’s is a great brand))
- 2 1/4 tbsp raw honey
- 4 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 oz water
- 1 oz pinapple juice ((Lakewood Organic is awesome!))
- himalayan pink salt ((to taste))
- dried Thai chili pepper seeds ((optional + to taste))
- Combine water and arrowroot starch in a cup and mix until arrowroot is completely dissolved, then add the mixture to a small pot.
- Add in all other liquid ingredients to pot.
- Cook while stirring continuously until sauce starts to thicken (about 5 min on medium heat).
Use organic ingredients whenever possible
You can also use crushed red pepper instead of seeds from dried chili peppers
This recipe yields the exact amount you’ll need to make Pad See Thai.
- Category: Dressings + Sauces
- Cuisine: Thai